Join us for a Hike to Council Rock at Squantz Pond State Park!
Join Candlewood Valley Regional Land Trust Director Bill McCann for a guided hike through the beautiful mountain-like setting of Squantz Pond State park.
- Approximately 2.5 miles of easy to moderate hiking. 2 to 3 hours estimated time.
- Bring water, snacks and hiking shoes.
- Dogs are allowed in the Park on leash only.
- Registration optional.
- Heavy rain or nuclear fallout cancels.
- Call Bill McCann 860-799-7657 with questions.
Meeting Time and Place:
9:30 am at the pond side parking lot 178 Short Woods Road, New Fairfield just off of Rt 39. We will cut across the park and into the forest at 10 am.
Can’t make this hike? We have more coming your way!
- October 26th: A Halloween-themed, kid & dog friendly hike to lookout points at Pootatuck Preserve in New Fairfield.
- November 16th: A 3.2 mile hikeon Herrick Trail to Ten Mile Hill on the Appalachian Trail in Sherman.
ALL HIKES ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
For more detailed information on each hike, visit: